Josu's Reviews > The Mostly True Adventures of Homer P. Figg

M 50x66
May 17, 2012

liked it
Read in April, 2012

I give this book a 3 star rating because it was very good but it was too sad.I also didn't give it 4 because there are times when it get's too long in the same part.The good part is that it's very funny and adventurous.This is because Homer , the main character tells his thinking which is very funny, and his opinions.Its adventurous because Homer makes a journey where many things happen,and get discovered.It wasn't confusing, I understood everything.These two are my favorite book topics.It wasn't the best book I have read because it could be better.There is also some parts in witch it's boring because it just tells the story and nothing specific so you get bored.In these parts I think that they just stretch the scene and get too long.I don't like that.
This book is about the orphans Homer, and his older brother.They are living with his mean uncle.His uncle(Smelt) treats them really bad but Homer's brother defends him most of the time.One of these times , his uncle gets furious,they get scared so, they go and hide.His uncle calls the cops and they catch them.Smelt sells Homer's big brother to the army.This is because all of this was in the U.S Civil War time.Homer won't be able to live with his mean uncle so he takes off to find his brother.In the trip , he meets various important people:Mr. Brewster and Ms.Brewster, kidnappers who kidnap him and steal him,Maine's regiment,a sails man, and a hot air balloonist.He also finds out secrets about , mines and his uncle.The rest is for you to find out when you read the book!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Mostly True Adventures of Homer P. Figg.