Jessie (Ageless Pages Reviews)'s Reviews > Incarnation

Incarnation by Emma Cornwall

Ehhhhh. I am slightly disappointed with this one. It's yet another novel that doesn't live up the awesome cover and blurb that go with it.

Though it improves markedly after an uneven and exposition-filled beginning, Incarnation never quite managed to click with me.

Review to come.
2 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Incarnation.

08/10/2012 page 35
10.0% "That prologue does not bode well. I can tell the author is going for a Gothic vibe, but it's very stilted and exposition-y." 2 comments
08/10/2012 page 84
24.0% ""Yet as I drifted deeper into sleep, ravens cawed and wolves howled, vampires showed their fangs and humans bared their throats to be bled while off in the distance great engines roared and steam shot into the sky where soot fell as tears, baptizing the new age."

My favorite quote as well as being the most evocative sentence yet in the book." 4 comments
08/11/2012 page 165
47.0% "This reads fairly easily after the uneven beginning, but I'm not quiiiite grabbed yet. Lucy is a bit flat and there's hardly any steampunk to be found unfortunately."
08/11/2012 page 270
77.0% "Yes! More Bram Stoker!"

Audra (Unabridged Chick) THIS MAKES ME SO SAD.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Darn it! Well, I won't be rushing to get this book.

Jessie  (Ageless Pages Reviews) @Audra: it's not a bad book, I promise! I just wanted more steampunk and tension... and never quite got either. You may still love it; there are some things about it that I really, really liked. I'll be eagerly awaiting your take on it when you get around to it.

@Lyn: I'd definitely say go the library route or borrow it from someone who has a copy. It may be more to other reader's taste, but it just didn't really grab me.