Kindaslick's Reviews > The Candidates

The Candidates by Inara Scott

May 17, 12

bookshelves: ugh
Read in May, 2012

** spoiler alert ** I really wanted to like this book. I love the whole X-men feel to it. The writing had a nice flow to it, little slow at times but still not a problem. So why only 1 star? Because Jesus H. Christ on a crutch! How fucking naive can Dancia be?

Here's a helpful hint for the author, you want me to relate and cheer for the MC? Then don't make her an idjit.

Now Jack? -loved- Jack. HE was the smart one. But Dancia? Hell, you let a guy that's half-ass good-looking pay her a little attention and her brain slides right out of her head and lands at her feet as a pile of excrement. She choose Cam over Jack? Are you friggen insane?! Cam.. the guy that's been watching and lying to her the whole time? The guy that has been using powers of persuasion on her the whole time? Not, I repeat, NOT the guy that showed her the truth, that was a true friend for her. Not the guy that was there for her when she needed someone. Not the guy that tried to get the idjit to open her eyes and -see- the danger that was around her? ... Dumbass.

I'm sorry I just can't get behind a book that has such an idiot as the main. I refuse. I would of even swallowed my disgust at yet ANOTHER love triangle and gone along with it if she wasn't so spineless but seriously? The fact that this chick can't even use a little common sense and all it takes is for a guy to -look- at her for her to become a drooling pile does not inspire any warm feelings.

And since I went ahead and looked at the previews for the next book and saw Jack wasn't in it.. FORGET IT! I don't care. I say to Jack, where ever he might be in literary land.. Run. And don't bother coming back for this one. She's a moron. You know you'll just have to save her over and over and over again if you do because all it takes is a good looking guy and she'll lose all common sense and end up doing something stupid. *sage nod*

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Candidates.