Arti's Reviews > Where It Began

Where It Began by Ann Redisch Stampler

May 17, 2012

liked it
Read on May 17, 2012

I feel like it deserves two stars, but I can't bring myself to do it. It wasn't a BAD book, just not really a book that made sense to me. Cause there's Gabby, and she woke up in a hospital, not remembering anything or anyone. She's like blank. And her boyfriend's not there to talk to her. And then I couldn't figure out if she went back in time to tell the story, or after the accident. And if she was officially out of hospital. And the most confusing part was, why the heck is Billy on probation. What did he do? I didn't find that clear in the book.

I guess that the story line wasn't the worst that it could have been. The part that Billy framed her, that part was pretty good I guess. I mean it's all "my boyfriend framed me! I thought I loved him!" Sad, but good plot.

For the characters...I didn't like Andie. Her personality was too..."innocent" for me. And personally Billy sounds like a jerk. Hot but a jerk. And Gabby, she annoyed me a lot. She was so self-conscious about her relationship with Billy and what he would think if he found out she wasn't actually pretty, etc.

I wouldn't really recommend this book to anyone unless it was required for school. Which I doubt it ever will be.
2 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Where It Began.