Marie's Reviews > Why We Broke Up

Why We Broke Up by Daniel Handler

F_50x66
May 17, 12

With a title like "Why We Broke Up" I should have guessed that it wouldn't have a happy ending, but that didn't keep me from hoping that the pair would make it work.
Min and Ed are absolute opposites; he's a football jock and she's a film nerd. Despite all of their difference, as soon as they meet sparks fly and they supposedly fall in love. Here's the part that I kind of don't understand, they've known each other for less than a month and they've already started declaring their love for each other, and having sex before they've actually been in a long term relationship. I guess I can't say much because I've never actually been in love, but the story kind of seemed rushed. Aside from that I think Handler definately capture the emotions going through a girl's head during first love and first heartbreak.
I'm giving this book four stars because I really enjoyed reading this book. Handler's writing style is different, but I enjoyed getting in the mind of a 16 year old girl hopelessly in love.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Why We Broke Up.