Laury's Reviews > Lessons Learned

Lessons Learned by Sydney Logan

Dec 16, 2012

Read from September 08 to 11, 2012

You had me at the book trailer .. and won me over with 235 pages of this amazing story.

I didn't know what to expect from this story just knew that Sydney Logan is an amazing writer and she proven herself again with Lessons Learned.

At first I felt disconnected from Sarah but I completely got why as I kept on reading, because she was disconnected with herself too, and her healing came in the name of Lucas, now can I just add that I want a Lucas for myself and now I blame the author for creating such an amazing caring incredible sweet character to add to my list of fictional boyfriends?.

But here is the thing that I loved the most about Lessons Learned, it wasn't just about this trouble woman wanted to find herself and get better, and it wasn't just about the romance and the sweet swoon moments (tho there are plenty of those too) it was about home, family, friendship, acceptance, the infinite love of God and the battle we may find in loving blinding regardless of race, age or sexual preference.

Lessons Learned was about being a better human being, makes you want to be a better human being.

And the fact that Sycamore Falls was as much of a character of any of the other in this book makes it love it even more.

I recommend this book, is a balm to the soul.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lessons Learned.

4.0% ""A young girl needs to spread her wings, but a young woman needs roots""
20.0% ""I think I am finally home""
27.0% "Ohh the sweetness of Lucas..I am ready too"
44.0% ""When I´m with you, it´s so easy to forget the world is a terrible place. I've never felt so safe or so ..." Embarrassed, I buried my face against his neck. ... "Loved," Lucas murmured. "Do you feel loved, Sarah?" .. I nodded against his skin. I did, I felt it every time he touched me. Every time he looked at me. It terrified me. It thrilled me."
75.0% ""But you love it here"...."I love you more""
100.0% "@SydneyALogan I loved it loved it what a story, it was an emotional ride, review later .. but so so good"
show 1 hidden update…

message 1: by Sydney (new)

Sydney Logan Thank you. :)

Flirty Reader Great book!