Kassiah's Reviews > After Hello

Sep 23, 12

bookshelves: high-school, pub-2012, swoon-worthy-boys, ya
Read from September 01 to 03, 2012

3-1/2 stars, I think.

I liked this one a lot. Sara's on her own for a couple of hours in NYC for her dad to close on an important business deal. She's a photographer and doesn't know that her life will change when she snaps a picture of Sam on the street. I don't know how to describe what he does other than to say that he finds things that people need, even when they don't exactly know what they're looking for.

When Sara inadvertently gets assigned to find something, Sam helps her out and thus begins their adventure. Sam shows Sara how to trade and she shows him that it's okay to let some things go.

I really enjoyed their dynamic. Though I could have stood a little more kissing (lol), I liked their chemistry and the way their relationship evolved from being complete strangers to more. Sam was pretty swoony, which is a trait that I always appreciate. Sara had a brain and was a sweet girl--I liked her.

I liked some of the other characters, especially Will. I don't want to spoil anything here, so I will just say that I didn't love the end. Though I think it was appropriate for this book, it's not what I wanted. Also, I think the way Sara handled some things with her dad were a little bit unrealistic, but overall, I liked this story, and I think you will too!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read After Hello.

09/01/2012 page 62
23.0% "If you don't know what you want, you'll never get it. What's more, if you don't know what you want, you'll never know when you do get it."
09/03/2012 page 84
31.0% "You have a free manicure, and I have something sweet to remember you by. We both win."
09/03/2012 page 155
57.0% "You don't have to believe in happiness for it to exist."