Tina Rae's Reviews > Sons of Destiny

Sons of Destiny by Darren Shan

May 17, 12

Recommended for: fans of the series
Read from May 13 to 15, 2012

You know, I'm honestly not entirely sure how I feel about this book. On the one hand, I think it was the greatest series ending ever. But, on the other hand, I completely hate how Darren was manipulated and, ultimately, forced to choose a fate that I really didn't like. But I really can't go into that without going into A LOT of spoilers. So, let's just say, I've enjoyed this series so much and I'm almost in complete denial that I'm actually finished since I've been reading it sporadically for about two years now. And when I think about how this series ended, sometimes I'm at peace with it and other times, I wish there had been another way.

So, I'll just say really all I know how to say. Thank you, Darren Shan, for giving us this incredible series. It was quite a ride. And I, well, I would say I enjoyed every minute of it but, in certain moments, 'enjoyed' may be too strong a word. I'm not great with watching my favorite characters die and quite a few of them were lost in this series. But I honestly and truly loved this series and I really can't believe I've finally finished it. Had I my own way, it-- like Harry Potter, Georgia Nicholson and my other favorite book series --would go on and on.
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sons of Destiny.