☆∞Love Frances∞☆'s Reviews > The Vampire Stalker

May 21, 2012

liked it
bookshelves: scholastic, vampyre
Read in May, 2012

I have to say this book seemed really cute and sweet, a bit exciting too.
I know after I read Twilight I was looking everywhere for my Edward Cullen, even my Carlisle or Jasper!

Amy is our stereotypical HS girl who is in love with the uber hot character in her book.
Somehow, someway, Alexander “crosses” into “our” world from his bookish world and he manages to save Amy & together they embark on an journey to capture the evil Vigo.

While they are bumbling about Chicago of course they begin to have feelings and Amy must deal with the fact he may very well be gone as quickly as he came.

The idea of this book was incredibly creative and one I was very excited to read about.
I played it up a bit too much in my mind, I hyped it up. I was not let down, but it was not all I was dreaming it would be either.
Amy & Alex as a couple was a bit “ho-hum” too.
They had feelings, sure, but they were not a hot and heavy as Edward & Bella. I know, I know, ppl are rolling their eyes at that, but it’s true.

I was more interested in learning about Alexander’s world than the one that was “real” in the story. I am a bit let down the author did not delve deeper into it.
Amy was a bit comedic in her “help” of catching Vigo. She often screwed things up but it was a little charming.

The characters were good but I had no real connection to any of them. I wished I could of “felt” the love between Amy & Alex bloom more.
I did relate to Amy’s feelings when she was facing losing Alex once they caught Vigo. Her fears of losing the only love she has ever felt and found tugged at my heartstrings a bit.
The ending is sweet and a bit predictable but it was fitting for the story.

Overall this book has a subtle charm to it. All of us who have ever wanted our book crush’s to be real will enjoy it. There is so much more this story could have been, should have been.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Vampire Stalker.