Jess the Romanceaholic's Reviews > Moonglow

Moonglow by Kristen Callihan

This is a Quickie Review. For the full review, please visit The Romanceaholic.

Expected Release Date: July 31, 2012
Publisher: Grand Central Publishing
Imprint: Forever
Author’s Website: http://kristencallihan.com/
My Source for This Book: Netgalley
Part of a Series: Yes, Book #2, Darkest London
Series Best Read In Order: Works well as a standalone
Steam Level: Steamy

I previously read and enjoyed the first novel in this series, FIRELIGHT, and so I was very excited to see Daisy and Ian get a story together. I was not disappointed. Ian was a wonderful hero, with surprising depths, and I greatly enjoyed being able to explore the inner workings of the Lycan pack that had only been hinted at in the previous book.

Daisy was a lovely heroine in her own right, with a terrible marriage and not-so-wonderful childhood giving her just enough emotional vulnerability that to balance out her natural passion and vibrancy.

While I did benefit from having read the first novel, I do think that Moonglow stands on its own quite well, and that newcomers to the series will be able to pick it up without any real confusion.

Overall, I think I may have actually enjoyed this one more than the previous book in the series, and have very high hopes for the next installment. Recommended for fans of fresh historical paranormal romance with exciting mythology, alpha heroes struggling against burdens of the past, and of abused heroines reclaiming their own strength and identity.

4.5/5 Stars

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Moonglow.