Rachel's Reviews > My Stubborn Heart

5196923
May 24, 12

bookshelves: baker-publishing-group
Read from May 17 to 23, 2012

Right from the start I understood the female protagonist and her feelings about if she will ever find "the one." I might be younger than her and not had as many relationships, but I so get the feeling, sometimes wondering the same thing. The whole book was fun. I laughed, I cried, I enjoyed the story and smiled while reading.

I didn't like how sometimes the author glossed over some events when I felt that they should be more indepth but that is just an oppinion. It seemed also like that the main character was really worldly and I expected... well I just didn't expect that. Haven't read to many books that use the word "boob" and other such language in them. If kinda jumped me out of the story because I wasn't expecting it in a Christian book.

But it was still a moving, funny, tearful story of a woman trying to find the man God intends for her and a man trying to find his way back to life after suffering heartache. A good, romantic read.

In exchange for an honest review, I received this book for free from Baker Publishing Group.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read My Stubborn Heart.

05/17/2012 page 45
13.0% "While reading the prologue, I kept going, "Get it, get it. Oh girl, I'm so with you." I totally got her. I am not 31 or been on as many dates as her, but I so get the feeling sometimes wondering if their is someone out there."
05/20/2012 page 192
55.0% "This is so cute and sweet. But things are tensing up with a new guy who wants Kate's attention and Matt trying to sort out what happened to his wife and his relationship with God."