Roxanne's Reviews > Never Tell

Never Tell by Alafair Burke

Jun 04, 12

bookshelves: first-read, suspense
Read from May 27 to June 01, 2012

Won this book in a Good Reads giveaway!!! First time for me to read this author and I was pleasantly mentally challenged by all the twists and turns. I love the NYPD female detective Ellie Hatcher as she tries to unravel the mysteries behind the death of the Manhattan society 17-year-old Julia. I would definitely recommend this book and read the other books featuring Ellie Hatcher. However, I was disappointed because I wanted to know so much more about the characters of Casey and the psychiatrist Dr. Bolt. I did, also, feel like I was reading a totally different book at the end when it turned from focusing on Julia's death to Ramona's mother and her plight. That turn and twist could be part of the charm of Alafair Burke's books. Thanks for the Win!
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Never Tell.

05/27/2012 page 38
10.0% "I won this book in the Goodreads giveaway! Never read this author before, but quickly becoming a fan! More later....."
05/28/2012 page 153
42.0% "Many, many avenues to travel down in this book! Where will it lead? Sometimes I'm doing some backtracking, trying to figure out myself the answers. Hmmm....."