Kat (Le Pauvre Cœur)'s Reviews > Shades of Earth

Shades of Earth by Beth Revis

Aug 14, 14

bookshelves: aliens-invading
Read from August 12 to 14, 2014

Ah, I'm very excited for this book. Know why?

description

Aliens are coming. Aliens.

description

Update: Seriously, what the FUCK is up with that cover? That does not match the first two and probably will look like crap next to my ATU and AMS.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shades of Earth.

08/12 marked as: currently-reading
08/12 page 8
2.0% "IT'S BEEN A YEAR AND A HALF, GUYS.

Now let's begin the 'what-the-fuck-happened-in-the-last-book' sequel phase."
08/14 page 210
56.0% "I LIKED HER, GODDAMMIT."
08/14 page 253
68.0% "This is like a sci-fi Game of Thrones, jesus.

I'm not happy about all these main female character deaths though." 9 comments
08/14 marked as: read

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Katie (new) - added it

Katie Not liking that cover. Why does this always happen with the final book in a trilogy?

Kat (Le Pauvre Cœur) Katie wrote: "Not liking that cover. Why does this always happen with the final book in a trilogy?"

I don't know, the publisher (Penguin) changed the whole trilogy's covers. It's crap, I'll tell you that. I mean, couldn't they wait until the last book has a cover that matches the previous two, and then change the covers? That way, the people who have the other books with the original covers are happy and if anyone discovers the books later on they wouldn't know the difference.

message 3: by Katie (new) - added it

Katie Exactly. I like having matching covers in a series.

Skyla Happy Go Lucky and Lost in Books The cover is strange I admit but I understand it at the same time. The other 2 are set in space this one is on the planet. At least it has the same sort of font/formatting. I wish it was in the blue/purple tones though.

message 5: by Hayden (last edited Jul 16, 2012 09:00PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Hayden Casey I asked Beth to tell the pubs that the fans want an original-themed cover. :) #yourewelcome #thisisnttwitter #ohwell

She said she'd "definitely do that." I'm thinking she doesn't like them too much, either.

Kat (Le Pauvre Cœur) Skyla (Happy Go Lucky and Lost in Books) wrote: "The cover is strange I admit but I understand it at the same time. The other 2 are set in space this one is on the planet. At least it has the same sort of font/formatting. I wish it was in the blu..."

Well, yeah, but the reason I'm mostly pissed is because they changed all the covers. The other covers were perfectly fine and beautiful, but they had to change them to this? Also, it won't match the other two in the series I have. -.-

Skyla Happy Go Lucky and Lost in Books Kat (Loki's Loyal Handmaiden) wrote: "Skyla (Happy Go Lucky and Lost in Books) wrote: "The cover is strange I admit but I understand it at the same time. The other 2 are set in space this one is on the planet. At least it has the same ..."

What do you mean they changed all the covers? Do you mean the paperback covers? Or did they change the hardbacks too?

Kat (Le Pauvre Cœur) Hayden wrote: "I asked Beth to tell the pubs that the fans want an original-themed cover. :) #yourewelcome #thisisnttwitter #ohwell

Sweet! Thank you! :P

Kat (Le Pauvre Cœur) Skyla (Happy Go Lucky and Lost in Books) wrote: "Kat (Loki's Loyal Handmaiden) wrote: "Skyla (Happy Go Lucky and Lost in Books) wrote: "The cover is strange I admit but I understand it at the same time. The other 2 are set in space this one is on..."

I'm not sure, I think the hardcovers. This is from Hayden's review;

Skyla Happy Go Lucky and Lost in Books That is weird. They aren't on here yet so I just assumed this was the last cover and that they hadn't changed the others. I can sort of understand why they are changing them to that (to get more boys to read them) but it does look odd.

Why not do what Harry Potter did and release a cover with the original style all the way through and then released all the books with the new covers.

Kat (Le Pauvre Cœur) Yeah, they could be more appealing to guys but WHY DIDN'T THEY JUST RELEASE THE LAST ONE TO MATCH THE FIRST TWO?

Exactly! Why not? Ugh. It gives me a headache just trying to make sense of publishers.