Stacey Pagan's Reviews > Buried in Buttercream

Buried in Buttercream by G.A. McKevett

May 17, 12

Read in April, 2012

There are several other novels to this series; however, this is my first read by GA McKevett and what a read it was! I loved it from the first page to the last! Alas, I’m off to the library to start reading from the beginning!

Savannah, a plus-sized P.I., and Dirk have attempted to get married twice, with flops before both weddings were to start (fire at one and mudslide at second). Alas, it’s her third attempt (however, “third times the charm” doesn’t bode well in this novel) for the happy couple to tie the knot, yet it still doesn’t happen! As Savannah is preparing in the bridal suite she finds the wedding planner face down in the garden pond . . . which leads Dirk and Savannah on a wild goose chase all over the county and her Georgia family keeping camp at her house.

I loved the interaction between Savannah and Dirk, along with her Granny and the rest of the clan from her hometown. When I can place myself into the setting I know the author has done a terrific job! I was sad that they were not able to get hitched, and I honestly was hoping that they would just go to a 24 hour chapel in Vegas. . . Alas, maybe next time?
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Buried in Buttercream.