Linda's Reviews > Letter to a Christian Nation

Letter to a Christian Nation by Sam Harris

F 50x66
May 17, 2012

Read in March, 2012

Sam Harris is one of the great thinkers of our time, in my opinion. I have not come across a more rational thinker. I have read a few of his books now and I also like to periodically check out his website, Project Reason, which he co-founded with his wife to encourage rational thinking. He is so rational that he might be considered dry, except that he has a sense of humour that, refreshingly, comes out every now and then in his writing and speaking. He is a strident atheist, but he lacks the emotionally charged tone one finds with other famous atheists like Richard Dawkins and Christopher Hitchens.
This is a short book containing an open letter to American Christians, who were outraged after his first book, The End of Faith, was published after the terrorist attacks in 2001 (I haven't read that one yet as it's on hold at the library). He wrote this book as a response to the large amount of hate mail and death threats he received from devout Christians after The End of Faith was published.
Sam Harris has a Ph.D. in neuroscience from Stanford.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Letter to a Christian Nation.