Douglas Meeks's Reviews > Sleepy Willow's Heartless Soul

Sleepy Willow's Heartless Soul by Dicey Grenor

May 17, 2012

Sleepy Willow's Heartless Soul (The Narcoleptic Vampire Series #2)Sleepy Willow's Heartless Soul by Dicey Grenor

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Let me start with the fact that in the first book, while an excellent story it had Willow portrayed as somewhat of a doormat than heroine .......... times have changed. The new and improved Willow has finally about had enough and is starting to make smarter decisions that while dangerous are necessary if she is ever to be truly free of the whims of her narcissistic maistre. The main thrust of this book is her quest for her own freedom but as to be expected there are a few roadblocks and that makes this not only interesting but improved over the doormat of book 1, like it or not she takes control of her own life and it makes for excellent reading :) Dicey has filled this book once again with original and flawed (some deeply flawed) characters from the fringe of society and that adds to the originality of this story. The ending as with book 1 is going to leave some of us frustrated a bit but I can appreciate a step in a new direction rather than a cliffhanger of the story you were reading. You will be breathlessly awaiting book 3, coming soon I hope :) Willow is growing up and she has become a much more interesting character.

Bottom Line: 4.5 Stars and since you can't do half stars I rounded up to 5 for originality, no plagiarism here and the editing once again was exceptional for self published works.

1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sleepy Willow's Heartless Soul.