Manda's Reviews > The False Princess

The False Princess by Eilis O'Neal

May 17, 2012

Read in May, 2011

So, I have to admit, when I finished the last page of this book, I sighed. OUT LOUD! It was that perfect of an ending.

I loved this book all the way from the beginning. It was such an interesting storyline and had so many interesting features. I was enthralled through the whole thing.

To be honest, I wasn’t sure how I was going to like this one. I actually put off reading it for quiet a while. I’ve had a hard time with books not set in modern times lately and I also didn’t really want to read a princess story. This is NOT a typical renaissance period princess and kingdom book. There is princesses and there is kingdoms, but it was so much more than that. Without giving anything away, you will be shocked by the twists and turns this book takes. I actually found myself yelling and gasping at certain points.

I adored Sinda, the false princess. She is a very strong character, though she doesn’t always believe it, and her personality is just amazing. I was humored by her and felt connected to her the whole time. There is romance mixed in too, but it isn’t overwhelming and will keep you very satisfied.

I loved the mystery in this too. I love that Eilis O’Neal wrote so many themes into this story that will draw in many types of readers. I was very pleased with this one and actually regret waiting so long to read it. Definitely Squee worthy!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The False Princess.