Manda's Reviews > Blackwood

Blackwood by Gwenda Bond

May 17, 2012

Read in May, 2012

I was really pleased with this book, and when I found out that it is based on true events, I was even more enthralled with it. This story is an interesting one, and not quite like anything I’ve read before. The mix of mystery and paranormal are intense, and there is even a little romance thrown in too. This is definitely one that I enjoyed reading and am happy to review.

When I started reading this one I was a little distracted and I had a hard time getting “sucked” in but things quickly picked up and I was hooked. I really love Miranda Blackwood. She was a strong-willed and outspoken character that had a rough story and was still living in it. I also enjoyed Phillips a lot. He was a great male lead and the things that went on with him were just awesome. I loved how both leading characters had strong personalities and quirky traits that just made them real and lovable.

Once the story picked up, I really enjoyed the premise behind it. I found myself confused at points, but everything was explained in the end. I wasn’t left with any questions and I was enthralled through out. My only issue with the story is that I wasn’t left wanting more. I guess this isn’t necessarily a bad thing because sometimes open ended stories make me angry, but after finishing this one, I don’t really have a desire to read more stories with the same characters.

Gwenda Bond wrote a great book with this one and with it being her first novel I was very impressed. This is definitely one I would recommend to those who love mystery and paranormal stories. It was a good read, but not something I would read a second time or look for a sequel.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blackwood.