David's Reviews > The Third Option

7194709
May 26, 12

bookshelves: military-thriller
Read from May 23 to 26, 2012

I really liked this second foray into the world of Mitch Rapp. Flynn has done a good job of setting up the ongoing series. While this is the second book Flynn wrote about Rapp, it's actually the fourth in the series if you're going by the chronoligical order of Rapp's life. There were two things that prevented me for givin this book 5-stars. First is the fact that Rapp disappears for several chapters of the book. Without giving too much away, once he leaves Germany we don't hear from him until he returns to America. The second thing I had a problem with is how Flynn uses a lot of characters and situations from his first book, Term Limits. Not having read that book, I felt I was having to read a synopsis of it while trying to move forward with this storyline. It kind of bogged things down for me. Although I suppose it was probably better than me trying to figure out who these people were and what was going on.

All in all, it was a very good book and I recommend it for anyone who likes military/political thrillers.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Third Option.