Samuel's Reviews > Darth Plagueis

Darth Plagueis by James Luceno

May 17, 12

bookshelves: star-wars, science-fiction
Read in September, 2011

A prequel to the prequels. That's the description to this book. James Luceno does a good job at creating the character of Darth Sidious that is in the movies through his life and how the whole entire movies started. It's great to see how everything becomes connected between the prequel movies and the original trilogy. How the whole Sith plan was furnished on two of the most powerful beings in the galaxy.

I'm glad that George Lucas had approved of the backstory of Plagueis in this book. The last time he had done it for another epic book was the Thrawn series.

Make no mistake there is a TON of references of other books, movies, and the TV series in this book. And as I had said before, almost everything in the movies and books are all interconnected by a web that these two Sith and Qui-Gon had unintentionally created.

As a SW nerd, I'm pleased with this book. I could say for a fact that whenever I spotted a reference, even a minuscule one, I would get all jittery with excitement. I would like to contradict on what other people say that this book answers TOO many questions that have been asked. This is what this book is for. The question if Darth Maul survived has been answered by the TV series. What Darth Maul will do, will be answered in time. There are plenty of others as well, but if you're an original trilogy fan, and hate the prequels, then please don't respond negatively to this book. It's a great book and deserves respect for having to making the origin of Darth Sidious and the sith from the movies.

This ain't how you thought of Star Wars this is how George Lucas thought of Star Wars.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Darth Plagueis.