Delia's Reviews > In a Fix

F 50x66
May 26, 12

bookshelves: recommended
Read from May 21 to 25, 2012

I got the chance to read the ARC for In a Fix through an ARC tour -- which was awesome, because I've been waiting for it and September is too far away. You may all envy me now. I'm happy to say, though, that if I'd had to wait until September, it would have been well worth it.

The blurb on the cover says that this is a "fast-paced romp." If I had any complaint about the book (which, really, I have very few), it's that it's almost too fast-paced at the beginning. There were times when it was slightly disorienting. However, once I got into the rhythm of the book, it was just fun. Ciel is a smartass who's far from perfect and knows it (refreshing). The men in the book are gorgeous, but also flawed. There were times when they were a bit too much on the alpha side for me, alpha males not being my thing. That said, I still liked them and they still poured on the sexay, so bonus points for making me want the alpha male. The plot is hilarious and inventive, and Grimes does a great job balancing it with character as the driving force of the book. The ending, especially the love interest part of the ending, was tied up in a satisfactory, not-too-neat bow. The tone is often silly, sometimes sexy, and overall great fun. I'll be watching to see what trouble Ciel gets herself into next.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read In a Fix.