Megan's Reviews > More Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark

More Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark by Alvin Schwartz

May 17, 12

bookshelves: kyle-s-books, owned
I own a copy , read count: 2

When I was a child, I used to love reading Alvin Schwartz's scary story books! There was nothing more fun than going to the library during the summer and getting my fix of creepy stories and macabre artwork by Stephen Gammell. I recently picked up a copy of this book as a testament to my childhood nostalgia to see if the stories held up to the test of time. I'm glad to say that they did! While written for children, the stories definitely gave me a few chills as an adult. The artwork is still just as creepy, although I'm not quite as scared to look at it now. The tales are based on folklore and legends, so you or your children may have already heard many of them before. Yet, there is nothing quite like the way that Alvin Schwartz tells them.

This is definitely a book I'd recommend picking up for children who love scary stories, or for those of us who loved these stories as a child! Don't forget to read them when the sun is out and the lights are on, though. Otherwise, you might start seeing things in every corner or hearing things in every room!
6 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read More Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark.