Miranda's Reviews > The Hunger Pains: A Parody

May 17, 2012

liked it
bookshelves: 2012
Read on May 17, 2012

My friend got me this book for my birthday because she knows I am a huge Hunger Games fan. Good thing about this book is that it's really short so I read it all in less than a day... Also if it was any longer i'd be really annoyed.

So here is a quick review-

It was... Ok. Was it funny? Sure. There were some really funny parts, I never laughed out loud while reading this, but it kept me entertained. BUT- also stuff I HATED- like the Battle Royale references and how they prayed to the president and Peeta's parody character- Pita -as a whole. HE WAS SO ANNOYING. I also HATED HATED HATED what they did with Rue.. she was a legit BABY. It was weird.

This parody totally degrades the actual book- but that is what I expected. You have to have a sense of humor with it.

I am not, nor never was a fan of Hunger Games parodies, but I guess i enjoyed reading this? It's one of the better HG parodies since I've seen them all and they're SO over-played

I just think that parodying The Hunger Games is inappropriate because of its heavy themes. I don't care if it sound bitter, I'm not keen on the idea. And i am not just saying this because The Hunger Games series are my favorite books. I actually think it isn't right.

It's a quick read though. Would I recommend it? Meh. Not much. If you have time to kill then sure.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Hunger Pains.

05/17/2012 page 6
4.0% "So I'm trying this. Not a big fan of parodies- especially for The Hunger Games, but we shall see. I got this for my birthday. :)"
05/17/2012 page 157
100.0% "Just finished this. It is really short so I read it all in less than a day. It was .. Ok. I'll write a quick review on it as soon as I can."

message 1: by Mari (new)

Mari i got this too im not done but its really lol to me there are many versions of thg parody this one is my fave

message 2: by Aomi (new)

Aomi Pham Peeta was pretty annoying throughout the actual series but the book was alright.