Megan's Reviews > Scott Pilgrim & the Infinite Sadness

Scott Pilgrim & the Infinite Sadness by Bryan Lee O'Malley

May 17, 12

bookshelves: favorites, graphic-novels, owned
Read in May, 2012 — I own a copy , read count: 1

Scott Pilgrim & the Infinite Sadness is the third volume in the Scott Pilgrim series and, so far, my favorite one of all! This volume finally introduces us to Envy Adams, Scott's rock star ex-girlfriend who broke his heart, and her band The Clash at Demonhead which includes Todd Ingram, Ramona's third evil ex! We have fights between Scott and Todd, Envy and Ramona (with a side of Knives Chau), and a side mini-fight between Envy and Todd. Plus, Scott's roommate, Wallace Wells gets more focus and I find him to be one of the funniest characters in the whole series! Seriously underused in the movie, in my opinion!

This volume is the first one I found to be truly cohesive from start to finish, and we really get a sense for why Scott is the way he is now. Envy and Todd are interesting additions to the story, and Todd is probably my favorite of the evil exes as he's such a tool and a complete moron at the same time! I'd recommend this to graphic novel and video game fans who enjoy humor and absurdity as with the other volumes! Five stars!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Scott Pilgrim & the Infinite Sadness.