Lynne Wallace-lee's Reviews > Faery Tale: One Woman's Search for Enchantment in a Modern World

Faery Tale by Signe Pike

U 50x66
May 16, 12

Read in February, 2011

I was both pleased and impressed that Signe Pike wrote as honestly and personally as she did about her quest to both deal with the loss of her beloved father and to find a bit of enchantment in the modern world, in the form of seeking out fairies and the people who still believe in them. I myself was touched and empathized with her struggles to grieve the loss of her father (I lost my own father to cancer when I was 28 years old)and her journey to find something lost from her childhood, the belief in fairies. This kind of book could have been written in a very campy, schmaltzy style, which I was relieved to find that Ms. Pike didn't do. I got the impression that she kept an open mind, and did try to report her experiences as honestly as possible when something unusual or with a bit of synchronicity popped up during her travels. I really loved the book and I applaud her courage to share both her grief over her father's death and her quest to look for beings that are not openly a part of our modern belief system. Faery Tale was a very real, very interesting read from a great writer. Thanks, Signe, for sharing your story!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Faery Tale.