Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)'s Reviews > Shackled

Shackled by Angela Carling

Jul 28, 12

bookshelves: arc-book-read, kindle-books
Read on July 20, 2012

To say this was a powerful novel would be an understatement. This was so much more.

This novel was truly so well written. So well voiced.

Sensitive topis of abuse can be so hard to write about but Carling handles this so well that it will blow your mind.

I am actually a little speechless to be honest. Maybe I should just say that the characters in this book are completely unforgettable and that I will be thinking about them for a very long time. Long after the book has been put down and long after I move on to another.

If I gave this book any less than 5 Stars I would be doing a huge injustice to the author and to other readers who will come across this review. I would give this book more stars if I could, I really would.

Maybe because this is a topic that is so near and dear to my heart that I understand how hard it was for the author to write. Maybe that is why it gripped me so much and left me feeling a whirlwind of emotions. Whatever the reason, this is a book you really must read.

It is intense and raw and even a little gritty.

I applaud the author for a job well done, for a story and characters beautifully written. I will definitely be checking her other books out and buying them up.

I think I may have just found another new author to love.

5 Very Solid, 5 Very Well Deserved Stars!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shackled.