Teresa's Reviews > Hunting Ground

Hunting Ground by Patricia Briggs

May 16, 12

Read in May, 2012

I enjoyed Hunting Ground even more than Cry Wolf. The overall story in this second book is an improvement. These books were an impulse buy for me, based on the covers and a Borders store closing, so I wasn't very "educated" on who/what they were about prior to reading them.

My favorite thing about this series is that it follows the same couple and the development of their relationship. My least favorite thing is that, thus far, there is very little physical satisfaction in these books. While I don't necessarily require sex in my romance novels, it is often helpful in advancing the seriousness of the characters' relationship/emotional attachment. This is probably because, in my mind at least, those things go hand in hand. Considering that Charles isn't much for pretty words, I feel like things need to be more sexual. I understand that Anna isn't "cuddly" because of her traumatic past, but it has been made clear that Charles makes her feel safe and that she enjoys bedding him. Some sexy time would be justified.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hunting Ground.