Cindy's Reviews > Hitman: My Real Life in the Cartoon World of Wrestling

Hitman by Bret Hart

Oct 21, 08

bookshelves: biography
Read in October, 2008

I have read plenty of biographies both wrestling and non wrestling. I even read autobiographies. This one is pretty bad.

Bret bases this book off of tapings that he made while being on the road. Literally this is word for word the tapes. Every match is detailed from explaining the music and walking to the ring to the actions in the ring and of course the famous ONE TWO THREE pin count.

I did like some of the backstage and family drama but again there were pages and pages of just repeating the same stuff over and over again. And while I know there's two sides to every story Bret's story is VERY biased.

The whole second half of the book trashes Shawn Michaels and Vince. To the point where I wanted to scream We know you hate them please just stop.

The other thing I hated was this book was a whole Stroke your ego book for Bret. Wrestlers were always walking up to him saying, "Oh you do so much you are so misunderstood and underpaid" "oh your the greatest in wrestling".

While I believe he was good for wrestling I don't think 100s of people flock to tell him this.

Over all the book was poorly written and way to long. I skimmed a lot of the stuff because it was just match after match. After wading through that it was actually had a lot of backstage stuff, but keep in mind it's all done to stick it to ya to show how bad wrestling is now (And it's pretty boring now).

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hitman.