ratna's Reviews > The Witch Of Portobello

The Witch Of Portobello by Paulo Coelho

May 17, 09

Read in November, 2008

--update after finish--
My problem when reading Coelho's is, except for The Pilgrimage (the first Coelho's I read) and The Alchemist, I always got a strong impression that the author was trying hard to convey some wisdom. As if the author knew - too much - that the readers had expected to learn something from his books, and that he tried to fulfill this expectation.
Even in this book, although I like very much the way different people told their perspectives about Athena. But how come that in these dialogues, no matter who was doing the conversation at that time, there was always one side who was wise and able to put his / her wise thought into perfect sentences?
As far as I remember, The Alchemist was the only one (from those I have read) that was told in a different way. Any wisdom was embedded in the story, flowing with the character's adventures till the end of the book. Perhaps I should read it again, to confirm this impression.

--update till page 108--
A compilation of unoriginal wisdom :( Though the way the stories and the main character are told from different perspective (by different people) is quite good.

--update--
kenapa susah sekali menyelesaikan novel satu ini... duh
3 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Witch Of Portobello.

10/13/2008 page 108
33.75% "A compilation of unoriginal wisdom :p Though the way the stories and the main character are told from different perspective (by different pe"
show 1 hidden update…

ratna hehehe.. thanks :)

message 2: by Marmile (new)

Marmile so, gimana so far? butuh masukan sebelum klik-klik-klik bestel di bol.com hehehe..

ratna wah, aku saja pinjam :P hehehhe.... tp kayaknya kamu bakal suka sih ;) ... coba cek2 jg review teman2 yg lain