Ann Douglas's Reviews > Stay Awake

Stay Awake by Dan Chaon

Aug 13, 12

bookshelves: fiction, short-stories, read-in-2012
Read from August 06 to 11, 2012

How creepy is this collection of short stories? So creepy that, when I finished the last short story (reading late at night in a cabin in the woods, by myself) I hopped out of bed and carried the book to another room so that I wouldn't accidentally spot the cover of the book if I woke in the night. Consider yourself forewarned.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Stay Awake.

08/06/2012 "I don't usually read anything scary (I am creeped out easily), but I am making an exception for this collection of short stories by Dan Chaon, because I love his writing."
08/07/2012 "One story left. Note: Not recommended for people with babies or who may be planning a pregnancy anytime soon."

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kristi (new)

Kristi Oh wow, I'm not sure if that makes me want to read it, or not!

message 2: by Cassie (new)

Cassie I have this on my nook as a galley and I still haven't read it. Now I'm scared. I mean...I sleep with a night light on and I've been known to put Stephen King books in the freezer...not sure I can handle this.

message 3: by Ann (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ann Douglas It is still worth reading. The writing is terrific. Just make sure you have a spare bulb for your night light! :-)

Cassie wrote: "I have this on my nook as a galley and I still haven't read it. Now I'm scared. I mean...I sleep with a night light on and I've been known to put Stephen King books in the freezer...not sure I ca..."