✿Alyssa✿'s Reviews > Her Forbidden Hero

May 21, 12

bookshelves: 4-star
Read from May 18 to 21, 2012

This review was posted at My Secret Romance

To sum it up: She's always been off-limits...

Former Army Special Forces Sgt. Marco Vieri has never thought of Alyssa Scott as more than his best friend's little sister, but her return home changes that... and challenges him to keep his war-borne demons at bay. Marco's not the same person he was back when he protected Alyssa from her abusive father, and he's not about to let her see the mess he's become.

...But now she's all grown up.

When Alyssa takes a job at the bar where Marco works, her carefree smiles wreak havoc on his resolve to bury his feelings. How can he protect her when he can't stop thinking about her in his bed? But Alyssa's not looking for protection— Not anymore. Now that she's back in his life, she’s determined to heal her forbidden hero, one touch at a time...

My interpretation of Marco:

[image error]

★★★★4 ½ BIG STARS!★★★★

This book was EVERYTHING I look for in a romance novel.

-Sweet and innocent heroine? Check.

-Totally drool-worthy and brooding/tortured/protective hero? Check.

-A hero who tries to keep himself at an emotional distance from the heroine? Triple Check.

-A hero with jerk tendencies? God yes… Check.

...And did I mention the heroine’s name is the same as mine? *SQUEEEEE*

Like I said... Perfect book.

Marco, Marco, Marco... *sigh* ...Man, I loved him. He definitely tried to keep his distance from Alyssa because there was no way he was opening up his heart to anyone. He had been through too much in the Army- He still suffered through nightmares and he had a few scars on the inside and out, that left him feeling like less of a man. In Marco’s world, Alyssa might as well have been wearing a big neon sign that says: “Best friend’s little sister.” That was definitely reason enough alone, for Marco to stay away.

Alyssa on the other hand, has always been in love with Marco. He was always there for her during the good times and bad- Always being that one person she could count on; The one she's always wanted to spend the rest of her life with. Her faithful heart never once gave up on wanting to be even closer to him- Always knowing that he's still the same Marco that she's always known. Alyssa is definitely a favorite heroine of mine- She's kind, sweet, and her love for Marco knows no bounds.

I won’t go into too much detail with this novel, because I don’t want to give much away- But what I can say is that Laura Kaye did a fantastic job with this one. It was the first time I’ve read her work, and it definitely won’t be my last. This is one book that’s packed with a lot of story, depth, and emotion. The only thing I can say that this story was lacking was length- But that isn’t saying much since I would have never wanted the story to end! Lauren Kaye definitely delivered in this book- Need I say more?
23 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Her Forbidden Hero.

05/19/2012
14.0% ""...The only thing that kept the day from being a total win was Marco’s hot-and-cold mood changes. What the hell had happened to him? He’d been patronizing, snappish, and standoffish." ...oh yeah!! Only 14% into this book, and I'm already LOVING it!! (And Marco)" 3 comments
05/20/2012
57.0% "I want to read this book FOREVER- it's THAT good! ...And I also want to have Marco's baby." 15 comments
show 1 hidden update…

message 1: by ~V~ (new) - added it

~V~ This sounds really good Alyssa!! I've just added it to my books! :)

Duchess Nicole Glad to see your update. I just got this one!

✿Alyssa✿ Ahhh, this book was awesome guys! You should definitely read it! :)

Karla THANK GOD!!! Finally a book you loved...just remember who Marco belongs too...Lindsay and me! We just have to work out a schedule! LOL!

Great review Alyssa!! Marco takes a gorgeous pic, he's so photogenic!

Lindsay Great review!

I love the way you underlined and put MY in bold...are you trying to tell us something about Marco? :P

P.S. I like your Marco. He's pretty close to what I pictured!

Karla Lindsay wrote: "Great review!

P.S. I like your Marco. He's pretty close to what I pictured!"

Good catch Lindsay...she's reneging on her deal...sheesh, she's outta control!

Wendy Great review Alyssa!

Lindsay Karla wrote: "Lindsay wrote: "Great review!

P.S. I like your Marco. He's pretty close to what I pictured!..."

I believe that she thinks we don't read her reviews and that we wouldn't catch that! ;)

Kellie Maddox-Ward After the argument this morning going on with all of you I bought this. I'm super happy you posted a photo so I can visualise him when I read. Good work Alyssa,

Lindsay Kellie wrote: "I bet it helped that everytime he said Alyssa you really pictured it was you huh?"

I didn't consider that...No wonder she fought so hard for him!

I hope you enjoy the book Kellie!

message 11: by ✿Alyssa✿ (last edited May 21, 2012 06:52PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

✿Alyssa✿ Thanks so much ladies!

Wendy- I wanted to make Gandy my own personal Marco, but I figured I needed to draw the line somewhere! I just can't help it- I picture him for everything, lol.

Kellie- I hope you love the book as much as all of us did! :) ...and you are SO right- I definitely pretended he was talking to me every time he said my name, bahaha!

Lindsay and Karla- we better come up with a decent schedule, so that I can at least steal a few kisses from Marco! ;)

Lindsay Photobucket

Fine...we can work out visitation rights...if Karla agrees.

Shawna Nice review, Alyssa! And your Marco is yummy!

✿Alyssa✿ Thank you so much Shawna! :)

Anne OK Alyssa, I liked your review and the visual, too.

✿Alyssa✿ Thank you Anne!!! :)

Melissa Gahh! Another book that I have to read because of you :)

✿Alyssa✿ This was a really good book Melissa! I think you'll enjoy it! :)

Daphne Delacroix What's the name of the hot hunk you've posted as Marco?

Daphne Delacroix Oh, and amen to your review, I TOTALLY agree!

message 21: by Lindsay (last edited Nov 22, 2012 01:27PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lindsay His name is Ruben Cortada...one of Alyssa's many boyfriends. ;)

✿Alyssa✿ Thanks so much Daphne! ...He's definitely one of my many book boyfriend's Linds- HA! You know me too well :)

Lindsay Lol. I hope you left him (and the others) some food and water while you're out of town. ;)

Or....I can take them off your hands...you know...for a while. :D

✿Alyssa✿ I'll let you take care of them while I'm out of town... But I want them returned to me untouched!!!

Lindsay Lol. Suuuuurrrrrre....I won't lay a finger on them. ;)

✿Alyssa✿ I don't trust you...... HA!! :)

Lindsay Lol. Gasp

I would never! I'm a perfect I'm an angel

Insert evil laugh

✿Alyssa✿ LOL :) You crack me up!

Lindsay Lol.

Pinkcaramel I looooooooovvvvvveee this book so much!!! All thanks to your great reviews!!!

✿Alyssa✿ Awww, thanks so much Pinkcaramel! I'm so glad you ended up loving this book too!