Reeses's Reviews > Opposition

Opposition by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Feb 20, 2015

bookshelves: own
Read on December 15, 2014

Daemons and the other Luxen have gone missing in a blaze of light. When Beth becomes ill due to stress and the pregnancy Katy and Archer. What they don’t expect is a full on naked Luxen attack, or to be taken. Now Katy is back with Daemon, Dawson and Dee, only something is wrong with Dee. Now it’s going to take everyone to fight against the Luxen.

The entire Lux series had me feeling mixed emotions constantly. I wanted to know what happened next to one of my favorite casts of characters, but at the same time I never wanted this adventure to end. Endings of a series are definitely a fragile thing where you could totally end up hating the entire series and rethinking your book boyfriend status. However, as I should have known, JLA gave a remarkable ending that was beyond perfect for this series.

Daemon was fabulous throughout this entire series. I loved him from the first book when he was a total douche canoe and I loved him all through this final book. His love for Katy made his character grow so much throughout this amazing series and even throughout this series. He continued to fight so hard throughout this story to defend Katy and his family. His commitment to those he loved was definitely one of his best qualities. Daemon although he’s changed a lot is still the ubber sexy alpha male Luxen we met in the first book. He’s definitely a fabulous character who totally made Katy a better character because he was always pushing her and they fed off each other’s strength, which was awesome.

Katy has grown so much through this series. She was definitely put through the ringer throughout this whole series so far and that does not change in Opposition. She deals with so much but always manages to get back up and fight her hardest for those she cares about. Katy is definitely one of the strongest YA female characters I know, plus she’s a book nerd so what’s not to like.

Everyone else in the book was freaking amazing too, even the freaky Arum king who liked to eat Luxen, which was a terrifying scene to read by the way. All the characters have been through so much and while I don’t want to give too much away, I was happy almost everybody found their happy ending.

While the ending for the characters and this series were fabulous I could almost have gone without the Epilogue entirely. I know that it brings all the characters lives to a “close” of sorts, but I could have done without it. I really wanted some more Daemon and Katy sexy times but you know, sadness.

Overall, I loved this series so much so that I own about 3 copies of all the books. Yeah I know, that’s a lot of shelf space, which is totally worth it. Opposition doesn’t fail with romance, hot male characters, action packed scenes, and dragging you in to feel the deep emotions our characters feel. I am so sad this series is over, but at the same time I’m happy. This was a great ending to an even greater series and I loved every minute of it.

Thank you Jennifer L. Armentrout for writing this amazing series about super hot aliens and kick-ass book nerds.