Melki's Reviews > Equal Rites

Equal Rites by Terry Pratchett

May 20, 12

bookshelves: fantasy, humorous-fiction, wascally-witches
Read from May 16 to 20, 2012

Similar in spirit to the first two books in the Discworld series, once again we have a delightful duo on a journey, encountering many a merry mishap on the way. This book is not as funny as its predecessors, though the plot seems more cohesive and a little less meandering.

Despite the distinct lack of trolls, this is probably my favorite so far. I really enjoyed the "Girl Power" theme to the book. At least I think I did. It could just be those darned witches using their "headology" on me.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Equal Rites.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Tfitoby i always get this one and sourcery confused in my mind.

are you reading them all for the first time? and in order?

Melki Yes to both questions. Some members of the Humour Club have decided to devote the next few years of our lives to the Discworld saga, one month at a time.

Feel free to join us, if you like.

Tfitoby thanks but i'll pass.
i have them all and have read them all. one day the decision will be made and i'll read them all without interruption. maybe!
i hope you continue to enjoy, they start getting really very good, not just very good, soon.

message 4: by ☯Bettie☯ (last edited May 22, 2012 01:05AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

☯Bettie☯ The current Mr. Bettie has recently discovered audio books and this was the book that helped that into fruition.

Now he is obsessed as he especially likes the witches Scottish Play 'gone done up' and has searched out the discworld flow-chart:

Melki Ahh...I've been reading them in order of publication.
Oh well, maybe next go 'round.

Tfitoby actually the audio books of the first two discworld novels as read by Tony Robinson was how i initially got in to the series. he's very good at it.

Lynne King My favourite book Melki has to be "The Color of Magic" and all the books with Granny Weatherwax in. Terry Pratchett really has a way with words but I hadn't realized when I first purchased them that in the Discworld series there are books for YAs and others for children. Still they were all good and that was the main thing.

I definitely prefer the first twenty or so books though.