Stas''s Reviews > Little Dorrit

Little Dorrit by Charles Dickens

204437
Jul 20, 2007

Read in January, 2005

A forgotten classic, hidden among so many other fine works that Chuck produced. I laughed, I cried and I nearly peed myself because I refused to put the book down.

Not suprisingly, Kafka loved this book what with the Circumlocution Office and the strange almost alternate reality of Marshalsea Debtors Prison. If you have never read Dickens, give yourself a good hard slap now and get started. Ah Charles, still the champion of the Big Engrossing Superbly Written Novel.
69 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Little Dorrit.

01/31 marked as: read

Agnes The Circumlocution Office sequence is a stunning piece of satirical writing, and uncomfortably familiar to those of us dealing with convoluted bureaucracy, even in present times. Like your review

Stas' The Circumlocution Office also appears in Bleak House. I am glad you liked what I wrote, I am very passionate about Dickens as you can tell.

Marius van Blerck Well said. Dickens stands alone. A truly extraordinary writer.

Richard Epstein Forgotten by whom?

message 5: by Elaine (new)

Elaine Cramer "It has been clinically proven that those who find Dickens too maudlin or sentimental are either emotionally stunted or full-on cold hearted sociopaths. Clinically proven."
Harsh. Strikes me as a bit emotionally stunted and cold hearted.

message 6: by Gary (new)

Gary Morrison Stas' is there more to the notion of sociopaths finding Dickens "maudlin" or is this speculation? In either case I suspect you might be on to something here.

Yaboimazz u cried? lolol