Yvonne's Reviews > Dead Locked

Dead Locked by Amy Saunders

May 26, 12

Read from May 16 to 26, 2012

Imogen Bell finds herself captivated by the mystery of a lost pirate treasure. Unfortunately, her boyfriend Sebastian and the rest of her underwater archeology team don’t share in her fascination. When their boss, Peter, is murdered, Imogen is more determined than ever to find the treasure that he had believed in, but it’s not quite as easy as she thought it would be.

Sebastian fears for Imogen’s safety as it becomes more and more obvious that there is someone else after the alleged missing treasure. He begs Imogen to give up her search but she’s stubborn and continues her investigation. As she continues to look for the treasure and her boss’ killer, Imogen finds herself as the next target.

My only problem was that each chapter bounces back and forth between before Peter’s murder and after. I found the time shift to be a bit jarring. Even when I see this done in movies or on TV, I sometimes find it difficult to follow – but that’s just me. There’s a part that takes us back in history to the 18th century, which I found absolutely delightful.

Amy Saunders has created a real page-turner with this book. The mix of mystery and romance is lively and fun to read. The plot is fast-paced and readers will feel as if they are part of the adventure. Amy takes an 18th century romance and mixes it with a modern day romance which works beautifully. She has mastered the art of storytelling. You won’t want to put this one down.

I’m looking forward to reading more work by this author.

FTC Disclosure: The author provided me with a copy of this book to review. This did not influence my thoughts and opinions in any way. All opinions expressed are my own.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dead Locked.