LKM's Reviews > Songmaster

Songmaster by Orson Scott Card

May 25, 12

bookshelves: m-m
Read from May 16 to 24, 2012

I was debating between 3 and 4 for a while, because I liked it, but it was a rather sad book, not to mention I liked the first half better than the second. The second felt hurried, and while I was hoping the book would show more of what happened after the point where the short story ended, I was rather disappointed by the happenings themselves. So, 3 it is.
Also, the cover creeps me out. I keep thinking it looks like his life's being sucked out, rather than him just singing. It's something about the way the face is painted. I guess it fits the book though.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Songmaster.

05/24/2012 page 116
05/24/2012 page 215
56.0% "Can't believe I'm about halfway through the book and it's already reached the point where the short story ended. I'm liking it thus far, but I have a feeling it might not go very well after this (hoping to be wrong, though!)"

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Cary It's been ages since I read this, but I remember liking it pretty well. Definitely better than his later stuff (basically beginning with the Homecoming series I thought his writing went downhill - though I have not checked out any of the new Ender universe stuff, so maybe it's better).

message 2: by LKM (new) - rated it 3 stars

LKM Cool. I read the short story and I liked it quite a bit (same I did with Ender- read the short story first), so I'm hoping I'll also like this too. X)