Anastasia (At Bookish)'s Reviews > Embrace

Embrace by Jessica Shirvington

May 16, 12

Read in May, 2012

Romance + new mythology = AWESOME

The thing that first drew me into this book was the cover. Because, I mean, I think that cover is essentially the epitome of awesomeness.

Then came the characters. The main character, actually, named Violet Eden. Because she is hilarious and outspoken and strong and not just a damsel in distress (the majority of the time). I loved how strong she was, how she was not going to break down over a guy. Though she did make some stupid decisions at times, I believe that all in all, she was intelligent, clever, and focused.

And then we come to Phoenix and Lincoln. The two swoon-worthy boys. Oh, how I loved both of them! Their relationships to Violet were both so different, the way they treated her and talked to her. They were both awesome in their own separate ways, but if we're picking teams, I think I'm going with Lincoln.

But really, I think the thing that got me the most about this book was the mythology. All the different magic in this book, how it was set up, who had the ability to do what, and how other things tied into it. Every magical, angel-related part of this book I loved and loved hearing about.

So, yes, this book was good. Very good. But it's the best if you want new, interesting mythology. And if you like romance. If you want kick-butt fights and nonstop action and you can't stand heroines who make idiotic choices, then I would suggest staying away.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Embrace.