Jeepster's Reviews > Let's Face It

Let's Face It by Jodi R. Moore

May 23, 12

bookshelves: books-i-ve-won
Read from May 22 to 23, 2012

I won this book in a giveaway...many thanks to Goodreads and the author, Jodi R. Moore for this opportunity. I have won 2 previous books and this is the first time an author sent me a personal message after I won the book. It made me feel important and I really looked forward to reading a book that the author actually cares what I think!

Onto the book!
I gave Let's Face It 3.5 stars but since GR does not have 1/2 stars, I will gladly round it up to a 4.
The story itself is appropriate content for it's target audience. It's a book that I wouldn't mind recommending to any teenage girl. I found it easy to relate to. Who has never had acne? It's totally embarrassing! All the characters were likable...even the ones I probably shouldn't have liked. It was a nice balance. The story progression was predictable but I was still pleased with it.

The things I didn't really care for:
*the over-share of Kaylin's zits. On page 81, I really could have done without the very detailed descriptions. It was very much on the gross side.
*the scientific thing. I get that science is the basis of the whole book. I just don't know any 15 year old girls who are *that* obsessed with science. I found it slightly redundant.

Overall:
This book was a good, light read. It was fun. It didn't challenge me any but I didn't expect that out of this book. I thought it uplifting in a "girl power" kind of way and I was rooting the whole time for Kaylin.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Let's Face It.

05/22/2012 page 108