Meaganr's Reviews > Tempting the Best Man

Tempting the Best Man by J. Lynn

May 16, 2012

Ok this book was amazing!
Yes the general plot (girl and boy hate each other but secretly like each other and suddenly they realize that they can't live with out each other) was something that we've all seen before. And yes I knew how it was all going to end, but that's what made it so great. Let me explain. In a book like this it's not the outcome that is important (because we can generally guess what that is going to be) it's the whole journey up to that point and the sexual tension created between the characters and suspense we feel as we try to guess when that final binding moment between the two main characters is going to happen.
I read this book in one sitting, and it was exactly what I was in the mood for. What can I say? I'm a sucker for the love/hate relationships :P
I thought that the idea of them being stuck together in a 70's themed honeymoon room was hilarious and it was just asking for trouble. I thoroughly enjoyed reading their struggles because I got just as frustrated as the characters, and that kept me reading through to the very end.
All in all this book had all the elements of a good story: good characters, steamy sexual tension, interesting premise (what with the wedding going on and the whole forbidden feelings towards someone you grew up with stuff). It was intriguing, funny and is bound to leave you with a warm, fuzzy feeling when you're done. :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tempting the Best Man.