Kate's Reviews > Baby Be Mine

Baby Be Mine by Paige Toon

Aug 24, 2012

Read from August 16 to 17, 2012

As you may or may not know I really love Paige Toon’s work, I love her addictive style of writing and fun sense of humour that always shines through in her books. I picked this book up on my travels and didn’t realise that Johnny Be Good should actually be read first (unfortunately I don’t have this book in my ‘To Read’ pile). Usually I wouldn’t dream of not reading books in order but I felt like being daring for a change (as daring as this bookworm can get) and I decided to read it anyway.

I’m pleased to say that it didn’t matter at all that I hadn’t read Johnny Be Good first, this book worked well as a standalone read but now I definitely want to find out exactly what happened in Meg and Johnny’s past, although not knowing certainly didn’t affect my enjoyment of this book.

The prologue really set the scene and made me want to know more, I was playing out all sorts of scenarios in my head just from this one page so I couldn’t wait to get stuck in.

Meg was a very confused character, she didn’t seem to know what she really wanted out of life and to be honest she was making a bit of a mess of things. I’m not comfortable with people who lie and lying seemed to be a big part of Meg’s life so I did find parts of this book difficult to read.

All of the characters were very likeable, Dana being the only exception, and I loved the descriptions of France and LA because it made me feel like I was there with them (I wish)!

A tragedy marked a significant discovery in the book and from then on everything in Meg’s life changed, I felt so sad for all those involved and desperately wanted everything to turn out for the best.

All the scenarios that had played out in my head never happened and I enjoyed the fact that I couldn’t figure out what was coming next. The ending was great and left me with a big smile on my face.

This is another hit from Paige Toon, an exciting page-turner that I read in less than a day.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Baby Be Mine.

08/17/2012 page 254