Molly's Reviews > In the Bag

May 16, 12

Recommended to Molly by: TLC Book Tours
Recommended for: everyone
Read in May, 2012

Okay, so I'm a 30-something single mom of 2 boys, not yet teenagers but they both think they're 40. This book really hit home with me as a single parent and kept me hooked from first page to last. I really loved the writing style that Ms. Klise uses, telling the story between four alternate points of view. The four characters are wonderfully created and really capture the readers attention with their comedic ways!

I really enjoyed travelling to Paris, Madrid and Barcelona with this 4 amazing characters. Daisy Sprinkle, who gets wine spilled on her by a stranger on her flight. Andrew Nelson, said stranger and writer of a secret admirer note that Daisy is so not impressed with. Webb Nelson, Andrew's 17 year old son who, upon arrival in Madrid, realizes that he does not wear bras and panties so he must have the wrong bag. Coco Sprinkle, Daisy 18 year old soon-to-be-college-student-wanna-experience-life daughter who realizes that she must have some grungy guys bag when they arrive in Paris. That alone is enough to keep the reader hooked and laughing. But it's what happens after all this happens that really takes the reader for a fun, exciting, whirlwind ride!

Coco and Webb plot to return their bags to each other after Webb finds Coco's email address. Their emails are quite funny and very sweet between two teens who are very inexperienced in the dating world! Daisy meets Andrew in Madrid when she is recruited by her dear friend, Solange, to cater to the art display she's hosting. Little did Daisy know that Andrew is the man she emailed after receiving an admirer note that left her reeling!

I will stop there. I'll give the plot away with what happens to them all and I don't spoil it for anyone! I will tell you that this summer, you need to sit back, relax, and take a trip to Paris (and Madrid!)(and Barcelona!) with this fun loving characters. You'll be swept off your feet by the wit and charm that flows from these sweet characters and you'll learn that parenting isn't always easy, but that you need to relax and go with the flow.

I definitely recommend this book with 5 Books, two thumbs up, hats off and so much more! It is a fast paced read-short chapters, each one told from a character's point of view. You'll laugh and you'll....well, laugh! Ms. Klise has done a wonderful job at creating this light, airy novel and I am highly anxious to see what she releases next for her new grownup fans!
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read In the Bag.