Ana♥ 's Reviews > Kade's Dark Embrace

Kade's Dark Embrace by Kym Grosso

May 23, 12

Read from May 16 to 23, 2012

Detective Sydney Willows is as stubborn as stubborn gets. Working a case is one thing, working a case with a vampire, a very sexy vampire might I add, is another thing all together. Kade Issacson is a big, bad, overprotective vampire, not to mention the alpha bad ass in New Orleans. When it come's to Sydney Willows, Kade can't help but feel something for this mere human. Working a case together and trying keep their hands off of each other deems to be some really hard work. With a sick killer out there picking off the women of Philadelphia, Sydney and Kade work together to get this sicko off the streets. With enough clues and run-ins, Kade and Sydney put together that who or what they're after isn't just some sicko, but some vampire sicko, wielding voodoo magic and is still in love with Kade and will do anything to get him back, including taking Sydney Willows out of the picture.

Geeez, I think I'm in love with a few of the vampires mentioned in this book. hehe. This book really caught my attention right from the beginning. The connection between Kade and Sydney kept be reading and wanting to know what came next, and before I knew it the book was finished. Despite her bad ass facade, Sydney can't help but let her guard down with Kade. Shes slowly letting him into her life and into her heart and she has no idea what to do with that. The catty comments between the characters really added that much more flare to this book, breathing more life into the book, although it was already sizzling with the heat off of the bodies of some sexy supernatural hunks ;)

I really liked this book, I'd have to say my favorite parts of this book, is where Sydney shows off just how bad ass she is. She doesn't really seem to notice that she is a human among supernatural beings. Which can be life threatening, but she's so bad ass she stakes vampires in her home and talks a good talk when facing a lover scorned in an alley, who happens to be the exact threat that she and Kade are after. What I didn't like from this book, hell, I don't think I didn't like anything from this book, of course I'm going to dislike the villains, but who doesn't? I think the villains we're essentially great and the threats they imposed really came through.

Really great book, I would definitely recommend this book, if you don't have it, get it now! I am so glad it's a series, I can't wait to get hands on the next book which is... drum roll please... Luca's Magic Embrace. Luca is Kade's best friend and fellow vampire, who's gone missing. There is no exact date on when this book will be out, but luckily for me, it'll be out sometime this summer :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Kade's Dark Embrace.