Cindy's Reviews > Under Suspicion

Under Suspicion by Hannah Jayne

May 18, 12

Read from May 15 to 18, 2012

After being set up for elimination by different otherworldly creatures, has Sophie Lawson become paranoid? Or is someone truly out to eliminate her, once and for all? When Demons who report to Sophie at the Underworld Detection Agency start mysteriously disappearing, she does as she should and reports the missing to her new boss, the cynical vampire Dixon, who does not take anything she says seriously. As the missing and dead count rises, none of the Demons want Sophie handling their cases, fearing they will be next. Sophie decides to find out what is going on all by her self. When someone tries to stake Sophie as a vampire, her guardian, Will, finally decides there may be something worth looking into. Now Will and Sophie must race to find out WHO the mysterious assassin could possibly be, before Sophie becomes one of the victims.

Poor Sophie, Klutz extraordinaire, trapped in a human body, but truly the Vessel of Souls. Fallen Angels want her dead, but pure stubborn cussedness keeps her kicking...at everything that dares to try to infringe itself upon her. I LIKE Sophie, klutz and all! She is a heroine you can't see as super woman. More like Lovable Lady. After a sneak peek at the next in this series, I must say...ME WANT!

Quote of the day: I would be satisfied with eternal life and no earrings if I could have her countenance that simply broadcast "Piss me off and I'll eat you".
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Under Suspicion.