Jim's Reviews > Precious Cargo

Precious Cargo by Clyde Ford

Oct 23, 2014

bookshelves: mystery-thriller, series, 1paper, 2fiction
Read from October 30 to November 01, 2010

There's a new, at least to me, dimension on the block now. Author, Clyde Ford, mentioned that he had hooked up his book to Google Earth 3D. Not only that, but you here him reading the book too - at least with IE7 (I didn't get everything to work with Firefox 3 or IE8 beta). Wow! It's awesome.

His book is a murder mystery & takes place around Seattle. With Google earth, you can zoom in & actually see not only where the action is taking place, but the buildings that are there & everything. He has a great reading voice, too.

His website is http://clydeford.com & once you get in there, look for the blue OnScene link on the right. It is really worth the trip.

I just finished reading it & it's a good thriller. A bit too politically correct & I didn't care that much for the bit of mysticism, but overall it was a good read with believable characters & a good plot. We knew who the bad guys were pretty early on, but so did our hero & he had his work cut out for him trying to prove his point. I thought he went a bit too far without a good reason, but it wasn't terribly done & made for a good wind up. 3.5 stars with a bit extra thrown in for the web site & him being new to me. I'll look for his other books.
4 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Precious Cargo.