Kara's Reviews > Fifty Shades of Grey

Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L. James

May 24, 12

bookshelves: erotica-romance
Read from May 15 to 24, 2012

What can I say about this book? I usually don't give in to hyped up books, but after hearing so much about it, I became intrigued. Knowing full well that this is a fanfic, I decided to read it anyway. Was it the best fanfic ever written? Absolutely not. But is it worth reading over for a second or third time? YES. I loved almost everything about it. I can see the influence of Twilight in it, including the names of the characters, the personalities of the main characters (re: Edward and Bella), and even in the setting. The story line wasn't fantastic, but I loved it nonetheless. I took the book for face value; kind of like reality TV. FSoG is like a bad reality series, where you anticipate each new chapter, buy all the seasons (books) in the series, and genuinely enjoy the fantasty world that it delivers. I can't wait to read the rest of the trilogy, I hope it's as good as the first one!

Quotes Kara Liked

E.L. James
“- "Why don't you like to be touched?"
- "Because I'm fifty shades of fucked-up, Anastasia”
E.L. James, Fifty Shades of Grey

E.L. James
“Don't get your panties in such a twist... and give me back mine.”
E.L. James, Fifty Shades of Grey

05/15/2012 page 91
17.0% "While I can definitely see the influence of Twilight in it, it's still a page turner."
05/15/2012 page 145
27.0% "Holy hell. So. Much. Sex. Also I imagine that Christian's voice is like Alan Rickman's (Christian's dialogue is grammatically British (despite living in Seattle), and Alan Rickman's voice is sexy as hell!)"
show 4 hidden updates…