Bodea's Reviews > All Summer Long

All Summer Long by Susan Mallery

May 16, 12

bookshelves: arcs, netgalley
Read from May 15 to 16, 2012

All Summer Long was such a well written story. It was also sweet and romantic. It gave me squishy feelings! I really liked the way the story developed. The pacing was just right and there was never a dull moment. Once I started I didn't want to stop.

The two main characters are realistic and well written. I could identify a lot with Charlie's practical and straight forward nature. I thought she had a really good sense of humor. It's nice to see a female character trying to face her issues head. I also loved that Charlie had so much passion for her job. Clay was really sweet and patient. I love a guy that's able to see the value in a woman's inner beauty.

As for the romance - Harlequin, when you do me right, you do me right! The two main characters had great chemistry. I thought their romance was well paced, realistic, and fun. I appreciate that they both had real issues and that they started off as friends.

I've also gotta say I was really intrigued by Charlie's mom. I was surprised by some of her feelings towards Charlie and the relationship Charlie had with her father. Her attitude kind of enraged me at first, but as the story progressed, I grew to understand her and it was nice to see parents in this story that weren't perfect, but realized it and were trying.I also fell in love with the town of Fools Gold. It reminded me of the town I grew up, warm and comfortable.

All in all, All Summer Long was definitely a treat. If you're looking for a nice romance novel to curl up to, this is it. It's fun, sexy, and has heart!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read All Summer Long.

05/15/2012 page 235
61.0% "This is rather lovely!"
show 1 hidden update…