Paris's Reviews > Undead and Unemployed

Undead and Unemployed by MaryJanice Davidson

May 16, 12

bookshelves: 2012, humor, urban-fantasy
Read from May 15 to 16, 2012

I usually rate a book a 4 out of 5 stars because I would consider buying it, but not at full price. This book would be an exception to that. I really enjoyed this book and it was nearly perfect, but I doubt I’d ever buy the series. I don’t see myself ever wanting to re-read these books, although I will continue on with the series because I do find them enjoyable.

I find Betsy entertaining, yet sometimes overly antagonistic. Some of what she says and does to Sinclair is great and totally hilarious, but then at other times I feel like she is overly meant to him. This is really my one gripe with the series. I’m not saying that Betsy and Sinclair need to be all happy and together where she’s sugary sweet to him, but sometimes she needs to cut him some slack.

This book was funny and there were times that I did laugh out loud at Betsy’s antics. She is out of her mind most of the time, but in a good way. One of my favorite parts is where she says that she’s “too stupid to live sometimes” which I found hilarious because it is so very true, but you don’t usually get book heroines realizing that and calling themselves out on it. The remaining cast of characters was funny as usual, especially Marc and Jessica. Those two are a ton of trouble and fun.

I look forward to reading the next book in the series and continuing on this journey with Betsy and her misfit group of friends.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Undead and Unemployed.