~Haelee~'s Reviews > The Girl in the Steel Corset

The Girl in the Steel Corset by Kady Cross

May 20, 12

bookshelves: kady-cross

This book was not as good as I expected. The first thing that bothered me was that it was supposed to take place in the 1800s but the technology was a lot more advanced than the technology in the 1800s. I think that this book would have made much more sense if it took place nowadays or in the future because the story didn't even talk about things from the 1800s except for Queen Victoria. The clothing did not fit into the 1800s either. Girls most definetely did not wear trousers. And there's a very little chance that there's going to be an American cowboy in England! I'm not sure how the Kung Fu training fit in there either. Also, I don't think that it contained enough details. It didn't really explain the Aether and it just mentions that Griffin's parents were able to get to the center of the Earth. How???? It's the 1800s, there's no way that that would ever happen!!!

It had very little romance in there either and the love triangles were really cheesy. Jack Dandy didn't really fit into the story either except to make the love triange between Finley, Griffin and him!
The book doesn't explain why he pretends to have a Cockney accent and what kind of work he does!

The title was also a misconception too. A person would think that the steel corset would be an important part of the book, but it's not!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Girl in the Steel Corset.