Arjun Kumar's Reviews > The Vanished Man

The Vanished Man by Jeffery Deaver

May 29, 12

bookshelves: 3-and-a-half-stars
Read from May 15 to 21, 2012

** spoiler alert ** I really enjoyed most of this book. I only gave it 3 stars (3.5 if i had the option) as appose to the usual 4 that I give lincoln rhyme novels is because I thought it got a little repetitive. When Malerick (I read this a few weeks ago, I think that was his name) kept deceiving the police, it really kept me on my toes, but I didnt feel the same excitement when it turned out that they had already discovered his actual plan and had to revert their attention back to the circus. Maybe because it was already revealed, but I kind of felt that part was a drag. I appreciate the performing aspect of why he did that, with the idea that the magician will do the obvious sometimes to fool the audience, but I guess I just felt like I was reading the same part over again.

The lincoln Rhyme novels all have a theme, whether its insects, airplanes, or in this case, magic. I really enjoyed learning about the different types of magic and even gaining some history. I also liked the characters Kara,and Malerick himself. Overall, still a great book, and will not deter me from readint the rest in the series.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Vanished Man.