Adam Stone's Reviews > Campaign

Campaign by Jim Mortimore

May 23, 12

bookshelves: sci-fi, doctor-who
Read from May 15 to 17, 2012

Campaign is unlike any Doctor Who book that I have ever, or will ever read. Once you have read it you can sort of understand why BBC book refused to publish it in the form that it was in, but you also wish that it had been published because it really would have been a major kick in the teeth for the books as this was so different to anything else that it had published before, or would publish again.

So experimental is this book in style and in content when compared to the standard Doctor Who novels that are out there especially in its presentation on the page itself which in this novel is often somewhat different to the normal style of the book range.

I personally think that BBC books were scared to print this is in its original form and how it is presented here because it was so out of the ordinary when compared to the normal Doctor Who books and perhaps a lot of the readers wouldn’t take to this very experimental book. Personally I think that this is a crying shame because this book is certainly an interesting read.

I am not saying that it is brilliant, because it isn't, it does have a lot of problems, but what I like about it is that is different and it is not afraid to tell the story in an inventive and clever way and for that reason and that reason alone this is a book worth reading.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Campaign.